Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A bit of the basics

OK- Welcome everyone to the inaugural blog posting for the Nutrition Insiders' Guide.
For my first post I wanted to share something that I consider to be the cardinal rule of nutrition. In one of my very first nutrition classes in college a professor taught this to our class and I will never forget it.
The word "diet" comes from the greek word "diaita" which translates to "way or manner of living". Therefore, the word diet as our society has come to perceive it is not some horrible demonic concept, but instead a word to describe how we live. It is an extremely simple concept that has been hijacked by people looking to make a buck off of people's fears.
So PLEASE! Keep this in mind, a diet is the way that we are all supposed to eat all of the time, not just to lose 10 pounds in 3 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment